The Commission Process
The length of the portrait process varies according to size, composition, subjects, and level of detail of the portrait, but generally no more than two sessions are required. In the first session, Vincent will photograph the subject(s) in many different poses and lighting conditions either at his Rockford, Illinois studio or at the venue of the client’s choice. During the second session, the artist and client will confer on the poses and photographs, and the client will select the final pose. Delivery is arranged upon completion of the portrait.
Pastel Portrait Time-lapse Demonstration
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much should I budget for a custom portrait?
- How long does it take to complete a painting?
- How do you go about doing it?
- Do you work from photos or must the subject sit for artist to paint live?
- Tell me about the artist that will be painting my portrait?